Zum Start der zweiten Saison von "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War" werden Teile des Multiplayer- und Zombies-Modus kostenlos spielbar sein (siehe Übersicht), und zwar vom 25. Februar 2021 um 19 Uhr bis zum 4. März 2021 um 19 Uhr. Dazu zählt dann auch die komplett neue "Outbreak"-Erfahrung. Weiterhin findet vom 26. Februar 2021 um 19 Uhr bis zum 1. März 2021 um 19 Uhr ein Double-XP- und Double-Weapon-XP-Event in "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War" und "Call of Duty: Warzone" statt.
- After discovering the largest Dark Aether outbreak zone yet in Russia, Requiem is in need of elite Operators to aid in their quest to understand the true power of the Dark Aether dimension.
- This sets the stage for Outbreak, a brand-new squad-based Zombies experience set in massive play spaces throughout the Ural Mountains. As agents of Requiem, your team will explore these expansive landscapes, encountering hordes of the undead, hidden loot chests, new enemies, zombie-crushing vehicles, and unique world events on your way to your objective. Your squad will have to work together to complete dangerous experiments in the name of Operation Threshold, then decide to exfiltrate the area or press onward through a Dark Aether portal to the next adventure for more rewards... if you can survive.
Onslaught (PlayStation Only)
- For those playing on PlayStation, you can also access Onslaught, the fast-paced two-player Zombies experience, during Free Access Week.
- Set on Black Ops Cold War’s Multiplayer maps, including the new Apocalypse map introduced in Season Two, Onslaught will test you and your partner with increasingly difficult surges of enemies needed to charge a powerful Dark Aether Orb.
- Defeat enough Elite enemies, and you’ll earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chalices as well as bragging rights, along with exclusive* Weapon Blueprints to use across other online game modes.
- Want to experience one of Season Two’s major Multiplayer offerings in one playlist? Look no further than Apocalypse 24/7, a grab bag of modes set on the brand-new Apocalypse map.
- Deep in the heart of the Golden Triangle, this jungle cartel base features a temple fortress and plenty of stilted buildings to chase enemies through and under. Built for fast-paced play, expect the action on Apocalypse to be as hot as the glistening sun shining down on this clearing within the jungles of Laos.
- The Apocalypse 24/7 playlist includes Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Domination, and Hardpoint modes, a great mix of respawn-enabled modes for those looking to scout this new locale.
- Another highlight of the Season Two Free Access Week, Gun Game is a returning classic mode that tests Operators on their overall gun skill in a hectic free-for-all environment.
- Progress through a pre-determined set of 20 weapons, starting with a pistol through all weapon types until reaching the Knife, and be sure to evade melee attacks and Finishing Moves to avoid being set back in the rotation. Get the job done with one final melee attack, and you’ll win the match and some bragging rights to boot.
- You’ll have plenty of other Multiplayer modes to enjoy during this free access period, too.
- Hop into some frantic 2v2 action in Gunfight Blueprints, which features some of the newest Weapon Blueprints for Season Two in random loadouts, and the 3v3 Face Off playlist, where you and two other squadmates can face enemy trios in smaller-scale versions of Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Kill Confirmed on the game’s most hectic maps.
- Team Deathmatch and Domination are also available as their own separate playable modes, with Nuketown 24/7 and Black Ops Cold War’s 40-player multi-team Multiplayer experience rounding out the full set of Free Access playlist offerings.
Double XP & Double Weapon XP Active During the Weekend
- What better way to kick off this Free Access Week than a bit of Double XP AND Double Weapon XP?
- All Operators (whether you’re here via Free Access Week or not) can earn both Double XP and Double Weapon XP in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone starting at 10AM PT on February 26.
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP will only last until March 1 at 10 AM PT, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to get a head start on your road to Season Two Prestige Master and maxing out the new FARA 83 and LC10 weapons available in the Season Two Battle Pass System.